Sagamore Institute is committed to developing the next generation of young leaders with a creative vision to pursue the common good and advance human flourishing. We look for students with a passion for championing free enterprise, fostering individual opportunity, and expanding democracy. Sagamore’s internship program offers invaluable experience in rigorous public policy research complemented by robust professional development.
- Although we offer special programming for our summer cohort, Sagamore hosts interns throughout the year.
- Interns partner with a Senior Fellow or staff member whose professional focus coincides with the applicant’s area of interest.
- Interns access professional development opportunities and partners covering current public policy issues.
- Interns tap into Sagamore’s network of scholars, staff, and community leaders.
- Applications for our summer program are due by midnight on Friday, March 31. All other applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Applicants are ordinarily at least a rising sophomore; recent college graduates, master’s students, and law students are encouraged to apply as well.
- Applicants must be able to work at least one semester. Preference may be given to applicants who are interested in longer-term internships.
- International students authorized to work in the United States are also eligible.
To apply for an internship with Sagamore Institute, please complete our online application, including your resume, a cover letter, and two short writing samples (around 500 words each).
Learn about the program from Chaya Cassell, Summer 2019
Sagamore is proud to have nearly 200 intern alumni who are now change agents advancing heartland solutions around the world.