Sagamore Institute is committed to developing the next generation of young leaders with a creative vision to pursue the common good and advance human flourishing. We look for students with a passion for championing free enterprise, fostering individual opportunity, and expanding democracy. Sagamore’s internship program offers invaluable experience in rigorous public policy research complemented by robust professional development.
- Although we offer special programming for our summer cohort, Sagamore hosts interns throughout the year.
- Interns partner with a Senior Fellow or staff member whose professional focus coincides with the applicant’s area of interest.
- Interns access professional development opportunities and partners covering current public policy issues.
- Interns tap into Sagamore’s network of scholars, staff, and community leaders.
- Applications for our summer program are due by midnight on Friday, March 31. All other applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Applicants are ordinarily at least a rising sophomore; recent college graduates, master’s students, and law students are encouraged to apply as well.
- Applicants must be able to work at least one semester. Preference may be given to applicants who are interested in longer-term internships.
- International students authorized to work in the United States are also eligible.
To apply for an internship with Sagamore Institute, please complete our online application, including your resume, a cover letter, and two short writing samples (around 500 words each).