Program Coordinator | Job Description
Sagamore builds and implements solutions to society’s biggest problems. Through research, consulting, and impact investing, we fight for a society uplifted by heartland policy innovation, business solutions, and citizen engagement. To learn more, visit our website.
We are seeking a Program Coordinator to support the Scholarships for Education Choice and J1 Visa programs at Sagamore Institute, as well as perform administrative functions across the organization. Interested candidates should be self-directed problem solvers that are motivated to make a difference, demonstrating excellence, humility, curiosity and grit in their personal and professional experiences.
Position Title: Program Coordinator
Reports To: Director, Scholarships for Education Choice
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Indianapolis, IN (Sagamore Headquarters Office)
Job Functions: The Program Coordinator is required to perform a range of duties, including;
- Support effective information management by entering and maintaining data in Salesforce, Dropbox and other knowledge management systems
- Assist program directors by participating in the implementation and documentation of program policies and procedures, helping to ensure compliance with state and federal program requirements.
- Assist in billing and invoicing systems for the J1 program, using Salesforce, PayPal and/or other tools to track and facilitate accurate and timely payments to the program
- Work with the CFO and Chief of Staff to ensure financial records are accurate and that gifts are properly deposited, acknowledged and receipted
- Effectively work as part of teams that largely work remotely. Use effective written and oral communication and technology solutions to assure clear understanding of tasks and priorities and to humbly and confidently identify and resolve issues as they arise
- Create and update print and online materials designed to educate and market to stakeholders in Sagamore’s Scholarships for Education Choice and J1 programs
- Help maintain websites and client portals for these programs as well as organize and maintain communication records (photos, audio, publications, etc.)
- Plan and execute virtual and in-person events, including development of promotional material, maintenance of registration lists, and oversight of production
- Open and distribute mail, create bank deposits, and prepare donor receipt letters
- Serve as the primary contact for facilities management, including the purchase of supplies
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of work, internship, or volunteer experience in a related field
- Good communication, administrative, and organizational skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs such as MS Office and Dropbox
- Experience with the following preferred: WordPress, MailChimp, Salesforce, Form Assembly, Zoom and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work some evenings, as necessary
- Self-starter with an ability to prioritize tasks and implement solutions
Compensation and Benefits: Sagamore Institute offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including base salary, 401k, health, life, dental and disability insurance benefits.
Program Coordinator | JOB APPLICATION