Operations Coordinator | Job Description
Sagamore builds and implements solutions to society’s biggest problems. Through research, consulting, and impact investing, we fight for a society uplifted by heartland policy innovation, business solutions, and citizen engagement.
We are seeking an Operations Coordinator to support the Headquarters team at Sagamore Institute, as well as perform functions that serve our Policy and Commonwealth programs. Interested candidates should be data and process-oriented problem solvers that are motivated to make a difference, demonstrating excellence, humility, and grit in their personal and professional experiences.
Position Title: Operations Coordinator
Reports To: Chief of Staff
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Indianapolis, IN (Sagamore Headquarters Office)
Job Functions: The Operations Coordinator is required to perform a range of duties, including:
- Support effective information management by entering and maintaining transaction data and other programmatic information in Sagamore’s CRM (Salesforce), accounting system (Intacct), and impact investing platform (Black Diamond)
- Work with the CFO and Chief of Staff to ensure financial records are accurate and that gifts are properly deposited, acknowledged and receipted
- Manage and maintain an inventory of Sagamore’s knowledge management systems, including physical and digital archives of past publications and content
- Support the President and Chief of Staff with scheduling, research requests, credit card entries, and other administrative functions, as assigned
- Serve as the primary contact for facilities management, including coordination with technology partners and the purchase of office supplies
- Open and distribute mail, create bank deposits, and prepare donor receipt letters
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of work, internship, or volunteer experience in a related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- High aptitude for data management and organizational processes
- Proficiency with desktop and web-based technology solutions and troubleshooting;
experience with the following preferred: Salesforce, Excel, Dropbox
- Self-starter with an ability to prioritize tasks and implement solutions
Compensation and Benefits: Sagamore Institute offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including base salary, 401k, health, life, dental, and disability insurance benefits.
Application Process: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.