Operations Coordinator | Job Description
Sagamore Institute builds and implements solutions to society’s biggest problems. Through research, consulting, and impact investing, we fight for a society uplifted by heartland policy innovation, business solutions, and citizen engagement. To learn more, visit our website at http://www.sagamoreinstitute.org.
Sagamore is seeking an Operations Coordinator to support this dynamic, fast-paced work through data management, communications, and administrative responsibilities. Candidates should be self-directed problem solvers that are motivated to make a difference, demonstrating excellence, humility, and grit in their personal and professional experiences.
Note: This position is in-person.
Position Title: Operations Coordinator
Reports To: Chief of Staff
Job Functions: The Operations Coordinator is required to perform a range of duties, including;
- Support effective information management by entering and maintaining data in Salesforce, Dropbox and other knowledge management systems in support of the following programs: Commonwealth, Scholarships for Education Choice, and J1 Visa
- Help maintain systems for keeping accurate record of the activities of Fellows and Operating partners, such as grants, contracts, budgets, and personnel information
- Support the President and Chief of Staff in development efforts by maintaining a database of prospects and donors in Salesforce, producing reports, and helping to coordinate meetings, events, and follow up action
- Work with the CFO and Chief of Staff to ensure financial records are accurate and that gifts are properly deposited, acknowledged, and receipted
- Build monthly newsletters, manage social media accounts, and capture content from Fellows and Partners that can be leveraged for these communication channels
- Maintain the Sagamore website and various affiliate websites and work with contractors, as needed, to develop new websites, portals, and features
- Plan and execute virtual and in-person events, including development of promotional material, maintenance of registration lists, and oversight of production
- Organize and maintain communication records (photos, audio, publications, etc.)
- Open and distribute mail, create bank deposits, and prepare donor receipt letters
- Serve as the primary contact for facilities management, including the purchase of supplies
- Assist with management of the internship program and Society of Sagamores
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of work, internship, or volunteer experience in a related field
- Good communication, administrative, and organizational skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs such as MS Office and Dropbox
- Experience with the following preferred: WordPress, MailChimp, Salesforce, Form Assembly, Zoom, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work some evenings, as necessary
- Self-starter with an ability to prioritize tasks and implement solutions
Compensation and Benefits: Sagamore Institute offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including base salary, 401k, health, life, dental, and disability insurance benefits.
Application Process: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.