Operations Coordinator | Job Description
Sagamore builds and implements solutions to society’s biggest problems. Through research, consulting, and impact investing, we fight for a society uplifted by heartland policy innovation, business solutions, and citizen engagement.
We are seeking an Operations Coordinator to support the Headquarters team at Sagamore Institute, as well as perform functions that serve our Policy and Commonwealth programs. Interested candidates should be process-oriented problem solvers that are motivated to make a difference, demonstrating excellence, humility, curiosity and grit in their personal and professional experiences.
Position Title: Operations Coordinator
Reports To: Chief of Staff
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Indianapolis, IN (Sagamore Headquarters Office)
Job Functions: The Operations Coordinator is required to perform a range of duties, including:
- Support effective information management by entering and maintaining transaction data and other programmatic information in Sagamore’s CRM (Salesforce), accounting system (Intacct), and impact investing platform (Black Diamond)
- Manage and maintain an inventory of Sagamore’s knowledge management systems, including physical and digital archives of past publications and content
- Work with the CFO and Chief of Staff to ensure financial records are accurate and that gifts are properly deposited, acknowledged and receipted
- Support the President and Chief of Staff with scheduling, research requests, credit card entries, and other administrative functions, as assigned
- Plan and execute virtual and in-person events, including development of promotional material, maintenance of registration lists, and oversight of production
- Serve as the primary contact for facilities management, including coordination with technology partners and the purchase of office supplies
- Open and distribute mail, create bank deposits, and prepare donor receipt letters
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of work, internship, or volunteer experience in a related field
- Good communication, administrative, and organizational skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs such as MS Office and Dropbox
- Experience with the following preferred: Salesforce, Zoom and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work some evenings, as necessary
- Self-starter with an ability to prioritize tasks and implement solutions
Compensation and Benefits: Sagamore Institute offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including base salary, 401k, health, life, dental, and disability insurance benefits.
Application Process: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.